University of Pittsburgh
School of Medicine
Department of Pharmacology & Chemical Biology at the University of Pittsburgh
Skip Navigation Links
Departmental Vice Chairs
Mission and History
Thomas E. Starzl BST
Biomedical Science Tower 3
Faculty Development Program
Computer Resources Access Request
Equipment/IT Support Request
Primary faculty who study Structural Pharmacology (Click to see their detailed research profile)
- Neurotransmission, channels and signaling.
- Development of peptic, viral and small molecular inhibitors of NADPH oxidases and reactive species to assess NOX involvement in cardiovascular disease as well as to devise new therapies
- The mechanisms by which reactive nitrogen species regulate mitochondrial function and signaling, particularly in conditions of hypoxia or ischemia.
- Understanding molecular mechanisms of G protein-coupled receptor(GPCR) signalling and trafficking.
Qiming Jane Wang
- Targeting protein kinase D by small molecular inhibitors for cancer therapy; signaling mechanisms of protein kinase D in cancer.
Back to Top